Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Cheers!



I was told by an artists' promoter that I need to find my specialization in illustration and stick to it. I actually have been thinking about it for a while now and yesterday I made a final decision that I am not going to go into fashion illustration. I don't really have a passion for fashion. I put it in my resume, but seriously: we all write all sorts of things in our CVs that not even close to the truth. I was pushed into fashion by totally practical economical reason: it sells well and the demand is huge. Frankly, I don't really enjoy drawing clothes or human body under the clothes. I am much more comfortable drawing figures undressed or almost undressed and I love drawing bodies in motion. So it's decided: I am specializing in sports, active lifestyle and recreation. Cheers to me, cheers to my future!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you, you draw figures very nicely (for this one it looks like you might have used a picture of me as a reference, ha, just joking)!

    ReplyDelete