Friday, September 25, 2009

Apple Braid

I continue my apple journey. Today's theme - an apfelstrudel, or as my husband calls it "an alfa-strudel", the king of all strudels. Actually, this is not the real deal. This is my variation - the way my grandmother used to make it and she was no Austrian and never heard about apfelstrudels as they are made in Alps.

This is a really easy recipy. The most complicated part, I think, was to recover the raisins from little Sun Maid boxes.

I used a prepared frosen fluffy dough, apples that I picked myself, raisins, a cap of sugar and a handful of crumbs for filling. Here it is:



Then the fun part: you have to roll the dough in an almost perfect rectangular and make parrallel diagonal slits on 1/3 of the dough on two sides, like this


Start braiding, wrapping one strap after another, from the left and from the right, untill you make this nice long braid:


Here it is - finished:


And after 35-40 minuts on 395 degrees you will get this beauty:

Ta-daaaaa! Mmm... hot!

3 comments:

  1. That looks so delicious! I'm actually going to try to make this over the weekend.

    By the way, thank you so much for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks so yummy..... *stomach growling*

    ReplyDelete