Monday, September 28, 2009

Lazy Weekend

Well, between the unceasing rain, Internet connection problems and an annoying ear infection I finally achieved my long-standing goal and didn't work for the whole weekend. Now I feel like after the long sickness or a savage camping for two weeks: weak and disconnected with reality.

Actually I like these rainy autumn days when you don't need to look for a reason to stay home and just do nothing. I finally can close my windows that staid open for the whole summer. It gives me a nice feeling of privacy and protection, like I am being taking care of: cosy and quiet.

I made yet another apple pie - a sponge-cake this time, or "Charlotka" as Russians call it. Yep, "4 eggs, 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of flower" - that one. I think this recipe was the first that every Russian girl made by herself right after she's allowed to the kitchen without her mother supervision. I have no picture for you, but listen what I found on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAK2nNi0HiY

No comments:

Post a Comment