By multiple requests I am starting to publish my outfits. Maybe it bring me some fame and money as it did in Russia a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away.
Here I am, going to the library.
As I mentioned before, chlorine bleach shouldn’t be combined with free time on hands. But in this case the result was actually quite nice. I just splashed bleach all over the cheap denim jacket – and voila! – a designer’s item.
Why this outfit is good:
1) It looks trendy, but it’s as cheap as it gets. No-name home-altered jacket, H&M skirt, 3 years old boots (and I am planning to get even more mileage out of them), very inexpensive fake pearls, shades from a pharmacy counter and the shirt was the best deal of all – a gift.
2) I really like combination of soft pseudo-neutrals. I think it looks so sophisticated. So sophisticated, in fact, that some people still think it’s bad taste. Like gray with brown, or in this picture – gray with light denim and “distressed camel” as the shoe box said. I have very American taste in fashion: I like sporty neutrals with a splashes of primal colors. And this red bag (and some red in the top’s design) is absolutely enough. The whole outfit is nicely put together color-wise.
3) I cherished the idea of wearing pearls with bleached denim for a whole year probably. God knows how did I come up with it, but the bleached spots – some of them are almost round - and the round pearls are so cute together. Style-contradictory and shape-consistent.
4) This outfit looks great in movement. For me it is the utmost important quality of the outfit. If you can’t move in it, if it looks good only when you are standing still – it’s just a bad job.
Why this outfit is bad:
1) This jacket doesn’t actually fit me well, as any item with stiff shoulder seams. I have wide and square shoulders (last time I was in a wardrobe fitting, the girl in a costume department was calling her colleagues: “Come see – she doesn’t need shoulder pads! Look how funny!” – such a nice girl…). So every shoulder seam if it’s stiff enough goes from the shoulder straight to my ear and the back of a jacket or whatever it is collapses. I sort of doomed to wear jersey. But sometimes I rebel.
2) The skirt is a little flimsy for me, I don’t have much of curves, hence, I need structure. But it is soo comfortable, which makes the outfit very easy to wear – see par. 4 of the previous part.
Now let me see what you are wearing this Spring!