Yesterday I recruited our friends for my first outside photo shoot with a new camera. Although it was a little bit dark already (at 3 PM it’s already getting dark, so annoying), I managed to snatch a few pretty shots.
This is what I learned as a new SLR owner during this packed with useful experience shoot:
1) Don’t be a smartass: stick to the pre-programmed settings and you’ll be golden
2) Put everybody against a contrasting background
3) If the model is cute – it sure helps a lot!
4) Use continuous shooting mode like there is no tomorrow
5) Best models are children and adults when they act silly
6) And at the end there is always Photoshop