Wednesday, November 4, 2009
What's Hot, What's Not Wensday
This is the second time I do it and I like it. It helps to take a grip on my life, to remember things, to see in perspective.
- Since I didn’t feel well, I had an excuse to do some pleasant, just-for-fun reading. And I swallowed THREE Hercules Poirot novels in one week-end!
- I was told by my customer that she wants to collect my Aleutie cards. It was so nice of her. Love to be loved :)
- I found a gift for my grandmother’s birthday: a cute cup with a lid. Granny always leaves her tea to cool down for a while so she will actually use it. It is a challenge to find a present for a 90 year old lady who almost never leaves the house and doesn’t knit.
- I bought green tights. Yes, dark forest green cotton opaque. They go well with both pair of my fall boots: the camel color slouchy cowboy one and the purple suede high one.
- We went to my favourite restaurant: Mongolian Hot Pot. At that place I completely loose control and the thin layer of civilization melts down from me. My wild Mongolian ancestors rise in my subconscious and take me over. I champ, chew with my mouth open, throw raw meat in a boiling pot with fierce roar and slurp the noodle from the bowl like some sort of a slurping animal. And I eat more than a big man. This time wasn’t different. After I finished three standard plates (it’s all-you-can-eat buffet) I was taken home with a bloated belly and a happy smile on my greasy face.
- To the same subject: I saw the movie “Mongol” about the rise of Genghis. It was better, then I expected.
- Because of the stormy weather I didn’t go to the zombie walk in downtown on Halloween. No to the party.
- I don’t feel so peachy lately. All the time I am sleepy and have no energy.
- I do not participate in National Writing Month. It’s a pity.
- I didn’t notice how the week passed. Not very zen of me.
- I keep writing stupid things and make ridiculous and probably annoying mistakes in English. It upsets me more then you can imagine. Every time I am writing something I have to check every word and after that - is it "then" or "than"? was it "response" or "respond"? and how many time I wrote "crad" instead of "card"? It's exhausting. Gosh I envy people who can blog and talk every day in (not "on", Julie, in!) their own language.